Choose Your Preferred Mail Client
In general, we recommend that you should use the Outlook for iOS app (Option 1) to get the best user experience from Office 365 on your iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device. If you prefer the native Apple experience, you can configure the default Mail app (Option 2below) instead.
Option 1: Outlook for iOS Mobile App
Outlook for iOS allows you to send and receive emails, view and manage your calendar, and more. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch uses
iOS 8.0 or higher, you can set up Outlook for iOS on your iOS mobile device.
This is generally our recommended option.
Download Outlook for iOS
Add your email address
Open Outlook for iOS.
Tap Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account.
Enter your email address and tap Add Account.
If you're asked to select your email provider, choose from list shown. You should choose Office 365 as your provider. (This step was modified from the Microsoft article, which incorrectly advises the user to choose IMAP if they can't find their provider in the list, but does not mention Office 365.)
Enter your password
- Enter the password associated with your email account and sign in. You may also be asked to enter a description and display name.
- Outlook configures most email accounts automatically. However, if you're asked to enter server settings, this is info you'll need from your email provider. For a list of common server settings and reference help, see What email server settings do I need from my provider?
- Outlook may request access to some of your email features such as calendar, contacts, etc. If you'd like to sync these to your mobile device, agree to give permission.
- After you're signed in, follow any additional prompts and begin using your Outlook for iOS app.
More Resources for How to Use Outlook for iOSDelete an email account
Option 2: Set up Office 365 e-mail in the Native iOS E-mail App for Your iPhone/iPad
If your device is not compatible with Outlook for iOS, or if you prefer the native Apple user experience, you can
Set up email in the built-in iOS Mail app instead of using the Outlook for iOS app.
Use these instructions to set up your email with your iOS device with your Office 365 business or school account.
- Go to Settings, scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then tap Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your email address, your password, and a description of your account. Your email address should be your Office 365 business account or school account such as firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your credentials have been entered, tap Next.
- If prompted to enter additional server settings, use these:
Click Here to View Email Server Settings
Server name Port Requires SSL (TLS) Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server: outlook.office365.com 993 Yes Incoming Mail (POP) Server: outlook.office365.com 995 Yes Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.office365.com 587 Yes
(See POP and IMAP settings for Outlook Office 365 for business for the most up to date info on this topic.)
- Choose the apps you want your email account to sync with your iOS device and then tap Save. Your email account is now ready for use with the iOS Mail app.
Note: If you're prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you're prompted and don’t set up a passcode, you can’t view this account on your device. But you can set up a passcode later in your settings.
More Things to Try
If you're having setup or sync issues, you can
Troubleshoot email setup on mobile.
Visit the Outlook for iOS and Android Help Center for issues regarding the Outlook app on your iPhone or iPad.