An important step of migrating to Office 365 is to have all members of your staff download and install the DeploymentPro mailbox configuration agent on each PC in which they use Outlook. This helps us to streamline the process of making changes to point everyone to their new mailbox after the cut-over is completed.
The tool doesn't make any changes to your PC right away. It will reconfigure your Outlook client so that you'll be properly connected after the cut-over to Office 365.
- Click here to Download the Outlook Configuration Agent, "BootStrap.EXE".
- In Internet Explorer: click
Run when presented with the download options.
Note that in other web browsers, the steps to download and run the file will appear slightly different. For example, in Firefox, click Save File, then go to downloads, click Bootstrap.EXE,
- Depending on your settings, you may be prompted to enter an Administrator username and password for your PC. If you don't know this, contact us at the email below for help.
- The agent will install and a dialog box will appear on screen. When prompted, enter activation code we provided you by e-mail, then click the
If you don't know the code, please contact us for help.
- If you need to close the dialog above, you can return to it later using the DeploymentPro icon in the Windows system tray. (The icon looks like a little green shield with a yellow lightning bolt.
That's it! Once the tool is activated, we'll do the rest. If you run into any difficulty, please send us an email at email@example.com and we'll do everything we can to help you complete the process. Optionally, you may also call your help desk for assistance.
Accompanying E-mail InstructionsThe following is an example of the instructions typically sent to all users by email accompanyig the above process.
Dear Office 365 Customer,
Please use this email to configure Outlook to automatically connect to your new mailbox.
This step needs to be completed before the end of the workday on [date].
For Outlook to automatically switch to your new mailbox at the appropriate time:
1. Please click on the following link and run the program to install the DeploymentPro agent.
2. When you are prompted by DeploymentPro, enter the code below.
Your authentication code is: [code here]
Complete instructions include screenshots are available at:
Once you enter your code, keep working normally. Your current Outlook experience and ability to send/receive email will NOT be affected.
When it is time to automatically switch to your new mailbox, you will see the DeploymentPro wizard pop up. Most likely, unless you're working late, this will happen on the morning the cut-over. Please complete all steps and follow all instructions in the wizard to successfully configure Outlook to send and receive email from your new mailbox.
Your Liquid Mercury Solutions Office 365 Migration Team